local peeps
Introducing Danny and Nuno. Met Danny first, he bartends at a local Irish pub I stopped in at. He also just arrived from Canada, 23, really sweet. Nuno I met at another bar-cool place I happened upon called Sinatra. He's Portugese, very friendly, super sweet. On Friday night, met Nuno and some of his friends near the Plaza Cataluna to head out to a club-Dancetoria...I've never been to Miami, but I imagine this club is very comparable. Very upscale, 4 floors-on the hill-amazing vies of Barcelona. Nuno has in tow-Pedro & Joanna, also Portugese and a couple. Caroline, Elena- two German girls. And Kahn, from Turkey. We all get on the metro and head to the club. Elena just wants to dance-perfect!! She and I hit floor two-house music level and dance for 2 hours straight-fun, fun!! Kahn checks up on us once in a while and does the 'Hitch' dance-self described...he's a doctor, here for some schooling and the only one that is my age. 3am hits and everyone wants to head home-except Kahn, Caroline, & I. So, we three say goodbye to the rest and go across the street to another club-Atlantis-open till 6am :)...Caroline & I hit it off-I adore her!! We have like 5 chiapito(?) shots each and keep dancing all night...too much fun. Funny thing about a small world-Nuno tells me he got a job at McCarthy's, where Danny works, so now two totally random people I've met and really like-work in the same place. Too weird!
Above pics-Nic, a friend of a friend of Ross'-back in SF. I called Nic up the second day I arrived and he so graciously agreed to meet me and take me out. We met Friday night. I tell Nic on the phone beforehand that I am without any shoes that are not with a 3 inch heel. It's raining and Nic takes me to Corte Ingles to find some runners-bought some Pumas-I look absolutely ridiculous with these on, but hey whatever! I am so embarassed Nic has to take me shopping, but he is so sweet and easy-going. We continue on for a few drinks in the Borne, chatted endlessly-Nic's Dutch, but was raised all over-mostly Dallas, college in the states as well. After, we stopped at his place before heading to a club he wants to take me to. OK, walk into Nic's flat-he rents to himself- unbelievable!! The coolest living space I have seen-totally loft-New York style-modern, hip. And to boot, a HUGE terrace that was probably bigger than the flat itself. I told him I would buy a tent and live out there! He is a huge music fan, as I am-so we get on his computer and play music for 5 hours-non-stop, chatting, having the best time!! We never went to club, it was so much more fun being there!
I told him if I had a twin it would be him-I love to download music, play it..hang at home. Needless to say, we had a great time. Then I tagged along the following night with he and his friends-Swedish & French-out for a going away celebration!
Those are the other pics above.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home