creepin'
After class, I map out my trek to hopefully just happen to bump into hot internet boy. Thankfully, I managed to doll myself up even without a shower. Feeling confident with my iPod blasting, I strut Banys Vells-the street in the Borne-where hottie resides. After making about 5 trips up and down the tiny alley, pretending to window shop, with my peripheral vision on high alert, I give up. Mind you, I carried my San Francisco Magazine tote bag for all my school books, purposely, of course. Maybe a conversation starter with Mr. Meow if I were to "accidently" run into him.
I decide to stop in Taller de Tapas for a copa vino tinto, it's pretty empty, as it's only around 7:30...nothing starts until 10-11pm here. Settling up at the bar, I have full attention of the three bartenders, so I order a vino tinto. To my lovely surprise, the wine is magnificent, California-like. In my best Spanish, I relay to the guy who poured it how great the wine was. He says-in Spanish-'it's not normally served by the glass, he poured it special for me'...these boys know my soft spot for an unobvious compliment. Muchas Gracias, guapo...I tell him...ha ha, I am such a flirt...
My mother introduced me to 'The International Herald Tribune', which I have been buying weekly, to catch up on worldly issue. So, I pull out my paper and proceed to read and sip.
About 10 minutes pass, and in comes 5 english speaking men. They want to stop into eat, but one says 'It's kind of empty'...so, of course, I chime in and say 'It will be empty wherever you go right now.' One of five comes straight over to me and says 'That's right, you tell them' then introduces himself..'Paul', Scottish, residing in London now...two others are his work colleagues, remaining two are business associates, who have arranged this day-trip, yes day-trip to BCN for a thank you of a deal they just closed. They went to the Olympic Stadium first thing upon arrival, then pretty much pub hopped the rest of the day...
'Aroo?' I am like Scooby Doo when he's dumbfounded and don' t have my quick wits about me to go along with it...Paul's like 'Oh bloody hell, I told them you were Egyptian'...they all get a good kick out of his joke going array. They are all enjoying a lavish meal with 30 euro bottles of wine (expensive for wine in Spain), I insist they try the lovely wine I was presented with and do a comparison, as it's only 11 euro per bottle...they enjoy the bottle, but probably at this point couldn't taste the difference...Quite a funny conversation proceeds with Paul and Andrew, his work colleague...about an hour later I have to pack up and go but insist that I get a photo of them for my blog and in exchange Paul makes me promise him an email of the entry...so Paul, this one's for you...sorry about the photo-the 2nd one I took with your 5th addition, didn't come up...it was lovely meeting you!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home