Wednesday, November 02, 2005

my new roomies!


Meet Stephan & Carlos-




Stephan emailed me two days ago with a room in his flat available. Of course, as Mr. Time always has it in for me-I have Casa Dona Esther until the 25th. Emailing Stephan back, I explain this. However, I do need to settle in on the 25th, so we coordinate a time for me to view the room.
Halloween night at 8pm I show up at the flat. First off, the lobby/entry way is unbelievable-like a palace! And an elevator to boot-yippee!! Stephen greets me at the door and immediately I see how beautiful the space is. Carlos is in the living room on the sofa and waiving. Introductions are made. Stephan is English & French-parents moved to Barca in 1986-yet, he went to English boarding school. He is just 6 months my senior. Carlos is Columbian, lived in BCN for 8 years, and is 35.
The flat is immaculate, on almost the top floor, with amazing views of the city. My room is spacious and very separate-almost it’s own little quarter! Of course I want to take it. We chat a bit and they offer me the room-must have been all my Californian charm that got them- ha ha.
Since it’s Halloween and Spain has November 1st off (All Saint’s Day), they also invited me to join them for a night out…of course, they had to break my arm…so we head out around 11pm and proceed to bar crawl until 4am…ooh the headache the next day!

chipito shot-called Harry Potter...they have hundreds of them at this bar-one called Monica Lewinsky-don't want to know what's in that :)

Looking forward to this move!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home