Friday, November 25, 2005

a yankee thanksgiving in BCN

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Last week, I see Danny and he says 'I was invited a Thanksgiving dinner!'-my reply, 'I want to go! And by the way why are you even celebrating? You're Canadian!'
Danny hits up American friend Steve, who's cooking, and asks if I can join the celebration-Steve says it's cool...
Yippee!!
Thursday morning, Nuno had arranged to borrow a friends car and told me and Danny to meet him at 10am near Metro Jaume, if we want to go to Ikea! But of course, I go to cafe near to have a coffee...Danny happened to walk in, so we sat and had a little morning chat and cafe con leche. Nuno meets us and we all trek on the metro to pick up the car. Piling in a Fiat, I felt at that moment I was really in Europe...cruising...a very different perspective and visual seeing the city and outskirts by car...very cool.
We arrive at Ikea, I grab the big yellow bag, a pencil, and notepaper...Nuno has just redecorated his room and wanted to add some special touches, and actually asked for some of my expertise-he's very smart!
Trotting thru Ikea with the boys is fun, they are lucky I am not a typical girl shopper, and I move quickly with my sharp eye. By checkout, we had a lot of stuff...now the crazy dilemma of mapping out the smartest path to each casa for the drop off...it all worked itself out and after a tiring shopping day we settle at an Italian restaurant for some grub...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
aren't they darling??

Off home to rest a bit for the big turkey...I meet Danny at Plaza Reial at 9pm with some wine and a cheesecake in tow (no pumpkin pie here, or cranberries!)
Of course, I'm late, as usual...the flat is full of people from everywhere...Steve, from Staten Island, prepared the whole course-Delicious...deep frying the turkey-yummy! Another two young, sweet Canadian boys-whom I named Tom & Huck all night, because they are leaving on a trek of 300 miles in the next couple days...I said 'What would possess you to do such a thing? It's freezing!!'
Two Basque girls, who live in the flat and are gorgeous-I told one 'All the girls from the Basque country are the prettiest!' Everyone loves a compliment! Then, Steve's friend Goss, from Poland...these are some modeling shots I took of them...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Happy Thanksgiving to all my loved ones back home...miss you and think of you often, but you'll have to visit Barcelona to see me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home