Wednesday, December 07, 2005

insight

Barcelona has taught me:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

public displays of affection is expected and accepted
30 is only the beginning
taking time for a long chat over a cafe 3-4 times a day with a friend, co-worker, or family member, is essential
never, ever take anything 'to go', especially coffee
blocking out sound and not being nosey
it's OK for your neighbors to see and hear your dirty laundry, they don't care
money only exists for existence itself
it's OK to sleep until 2 in the afternoon
fashion is self-expression and a total necessity
the more the merrier
eye contact
compliments
kissing as a greeting or introduction is so refreshing .I really try not to put out my hand for a shake-this has taken awhile to adjust to
Pan y tomate con jamon is an everyday favorite (not adjusting well to this one)
my favorite drink is called a Cuba-Libre translates to FREE CUBA- (rum & coke)sounds good, yes?
depending on others is OK and they do come through...not many flaky people here
I don't miss the states. Yet, I am still proud to be an Americana and stand up for my country
I miss the camaraderie with friends and inside jokes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you!!!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! You are tasting la viva! (I think that means "the life" but my espanol ist terribol!) You speak for my heart and my spirit which I feel I had to desert when I returned to Kuwait. The passion here runs freely, but ever-so-subtly... Thank you for your blog and helping me articulate what's in my heart and spirit. You are your mother's daughter... And so gifted in writing, as is she... Trying to figure out what exotic, real Arab man I could set you up with. Damn, they're all on fire, but for all the wrong reasons... Love your heart!!! XO, LO

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola honey!

I have read a lot of your blog and luuuve it - will keep reading! This is my favourite entry though so I thought I would comment on it - fan-bloody-tastic! Makes me realise what I love about this place too. So lovely to have met you and to have a girlie friend here. I have stolen some of the pictures from your party too - especially the one of Gonhalo (spelling?!) Mmmmmm...if that is what Lisbon has to offer, maybe I should take a trip....
Anyway, keep writing and I will keep reading. Harriet xx

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home