New Year's Eve and 'The Clap'
While in Bahrain with mi madre, I checked my email frequently as she tends to fall asleep around 8pm. One night, I received a 'Friendster' email from a guy named Tommy.
It read something like "Hey, I am in Barcelona visiting my dad for the holidays. I stem from Montreal and am looking for something to do on NYE...any ideas?"
I replied back with a big 'Haaaayyy!', as it is so nice to hear from friendly people willing to make new connections...we chat back and forth and decide the big NYE in BCN we will spend together.
Arriving back on the 30th, Tommy and I agree to meet up the night before to get to know one another and he says 'if you think I am a total creep, I understand if you break the NYE plans'...Tommy picks me up at mi casa, we chat, get along very well, and venture out for some drinks-on his dad's scooter...oh, lord!! I am completely freaked out of the thought, yet he reassures me and by the end of the night I catch myself saying 'go faster'...ha ha
Anywho, NYE comes and Tommy picks me up, we both are dressed for the occasion
and head off for the typical dinner Catalan style...i.e. a dinner that starts at 10 and ends at 2am.
During the lovely L O N G dinner, Tommy and I overhear:
'Oh yes, we love the clap!'...'the clap is great!'...'the clap is fabulous!' ....'the clap is the best!'...
I pretend not to hear the words spoken..but, Tommy and I look at each other in total hysterics and can't help but fully L A U G H!
I am not going to be the one to explain our laughter, as I am not one of the family!
Tommy proceeds between hysterics and english only I could understand to explain our horrible laughing behavior
...We then realize that what everyone was trying to describe was 'the club'...'we love the club, the club is fabulous, the club is the best'...
N O T 'The Clap', our dirty Chlamydia minds on a lovely NYE...lo ciento guapitos...it will never happen again!

1 Comments:
a b s o u t e l y fabulous darling...what a great piece...
love you so......m
Post a Comment
<< Home